Divorce & Marriage Issues

How Can I Claim For Innocent Spouse Relief ?

You must file Form 8857 to claim innocent spouse relief. This must be filed within two years from the date the IRS collection division advised you of a tax liability for the joint return filed by you and your former spouse.

Note If you need professional help with "Divorce & Marriage Issues" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.