Extension to Pay Taxes

Can I Get More Than 120 Days To Pay?

If you know you need more than 120 days you can file Form 9465 – an Installment Agreement Request and attach this form to page 1 of your tax return. You can decide how much you want to pay the IRS monthly, but make your payments as large as possible to limit the interest and penalties that will continue to be assessed until you pay the outstanding balance in full.

Note If you need professional help with "Extension to Pay Taxes" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.