Income Reporting from U.S. Possessions

Nonresident Alien - Not Bona Fide Resident Of Puerto Rico

If you are a nonresident alien of the U.S. who does not qualify as a bona fide resident of Puerto Rico for the entire year, you must file: A Puerto Rican tax return reporting only your income from Puerto Rican sources. Wages for services performed in Puerto Rico, whether from the U.S. government, private employer, or otherwise, is income from Puerto Rican sources. A U.S. tax return (Form 1040NR) according to the rules for a nonresident alien.

Note If you need professional help with "Income Reporting from U.S. Possessions" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.