Investments & Financial Planning

How Are Mutual Funds Distributions Reported To The IRS ?

Mutual fund distributions are reported to the IRS and to you on Federal Form 1099-DIV or a substitute equivalent 1099-DIV statement. Several types of of dividends can be reported on Form 1099-DIV. Dividends that were reinvested by you instead of receiving cash will be listed on this form.

Note If you need professional help with "Investments & Financial Planning" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.