Mutual Funds

How Are Capital Gains From My Mutual Funds Taxed?

Generally, capital gain distributions from mutual funds are reported to you on Form 1099-DIV box 2a. You will then report this amount as long-term capital gains on IRS Schedule D line 13.

Note If you need professional help with "Mutual Funds" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.