Retirement Planning

Can I Elect To Use Averaging On My Current Year Lump-Sum Distribution?

For taxpayers who were born after 1935, the lump-sum distribution 5 year averaging option previously reported on IRS Form 4972 is no longer available. For taxpayers born before 1935, the option to use the 10 year averaging on IRS Form 4972 will still be available.

Note If you need professional help with "Retirement Planning" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.